15 January 2014

CRUCIAL JUSTICE


I played in Southern California a lot in the late '90s, different shows in different scenes with bands from all over the spectrum...but damn do I wish I gotten to see these maniacs. An urgency that cannot be faked, and an intensity that is rarely equalled. Rapid fire hardcore punk with a drummer who was probably into metal (or NOFX, based on his gratuitous double kick drum) and vocals spit forth with pure fury - I want to teleport to 1998 and see these dudes rip the shit out of a backyard party in South Central. Screaming and honest can be a brutal combination...




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unrelated question - I think you turned me on to a band at some point. It was like 4 drummers who also kinda rapped/screamed. 3 guys and a woman. Maybe in LA? Now I can't remember their name. ANy idea? Thanks!

the wizard said...

I cannot imagine ever turning anyone on to a band that could possible meet this description....but then my memory (and my taste) is often rather suspect.