27 June 2012

WHITE PAGES


I can't really describe this, but I loved it the minute I pressed 'play.' I even asked Karoline to help, since her musical descriptions are usually completely out of left field - she said she thought WHITE PAGES could have been on one of those '90 Very Small Records comps, and I said she was crazy, but then she said that they reminded her of THE GRUMPIES even though they don't sound like THE GRUMPIES, and fukk me if that isn't exactly what I was looking for. The painful lazy lilt in the vocals, the aggressive drunken lurch in everything else...I'm obviously not doing this tape justice, but Boston's WHITE PAGES have something special here. I bet at least two of them wear glasses.


4 comments:

Joe said...

thank you for the kind words! I didn't expect to see this on here when I checked your blog this morning. Also, two of us do indeed wear glasses.
Joe/White Pages.

selfish said...

We are all pretty fuckn blind.

Brendan said...

AWESOME! FUCK YEAH WHITE PAGES! AND BOSTON! THANKS!

- brendan // thirsty & miserable recordings

Dk said...

The catchiest mess my ears have since stripped butt naked for. Man, you guys are good. Killer tape! Keep rockin'.