08 May 2012

BLYTH POWER


Active since 1983, BLYTH POWER is the voice of drummer Joseph Porter (THE MOB, ZOUNDS) and is still active today. This band tastes to me the same as my imagination tells me a  salad of BILLY BRAGG and CRASS would taste. Demo Tapes Records gave early recordings from these gents the vinyl treatment last year, but they've been cranking out music consistently for nearly three decades. Might be a little too pub folk-y for some, but the warble in the vocals fit the almost-accessible punk perfectly. No one sounds like BLYTH POWER. This tape? No info other than what you see in the photo - only a couple of song titles that I pulled from my admittedly limited vinyl archives and no clue when this demo was recorded. Someone will download it and share their knowledge with the rest of us though...I can feel it.


2 comments:

zhollows said...

A few months ago I was stoked to find a copy of the Junction Signal 12" at Bullseye for $5. How often does one find All The Madmen vinyl just sitting around waiting for me to buy it? Score! Blyth Power rules (in a pub folk-y sorta way). Cheers sir!

SLAUGHTER OF INNOCENTS said...

reminds me of the adverts been searching for this demo