11 January 2011

1981


This one came as a total shock - one look at the artwork and general presentation and I was expecting a crusty anarcho attack, but was instead greeted with 20 minutes of brilliantly written post punk with indie rock leanings. There is still an overt '80s UK angle, but the clean guitars fall more in line with YOUNG OFFENDERS than their namesakes (DISRUPTERS, duh), and there are pop sensibilities all over this thing. Overtly political, and songs like "Blind Acceptance" are nearly impossible to get out of your head. 1981 are from Finland, and their recent 3 song EP is every bit as good as this tape, highly recommended. Avoid this is you want brutal hardcore, devour this if you want great tunes. 



9 comments:

zhollows said...

This is really good. I totally love the artwork. I could listen to this all day. Hey! What a good idea! I think I will. Thanks wizard!

rice said...

love it! thanks!

Dk said...

I've been trying to track down the 7" like crazy. I'm glad I have this via you to temporarily satisfy my thirst for the quest. Brutal hardcore or not 1981 is hella awesome.

Rosha said...

wonderful demo!

Anonymous said...

Yankees: Havoc records has the 1981 7"...great post as always Wiz!

Anonymous said...

I'd been meaning to check these guys out. And damn, this stuff is great. Insanely catchy. Thanks for sharing.

SLAUGHTER OF INNOCENTS said...

i don't normaly like new stuff butt this is pretty good

Anonymous said...

Great stuff! Thanks for posting!

Jesse Ramirez said...

I'm a little late listening to this. This is good stuff! I'm trying to get some copies of the re-press!