30 April 2010

THE WILL TO DIE


Another Friday, another comp tape...is this shit getting old? I hope not, because I've got fukkn heaps more of these things. The Will To Die comes from Smash Apathy fanzine, and I can only imagine how all over the place that zine must have been based on this tape. Primarily New York/Philadelphia/New Jersey acts (with the exception of SUBHUMANS), this is 90 minutes filled with noise, punk rock and live chaos: MURPHY'S LAW (just their theme song, live and rowdy), ED GEIN'S CAR, total noise from SMERSH, ROK TOTS, THE NILS, SFA, a fucking insane freakout from COED HOMOSEXUAL, GSS, LETCH PATROL and others. 30 tunes here from 21 bands, and excepting the really bad PRIEST cover (granted they altered the lyrics, but it's still rather trying) and one shitty tune, this thing smokes. Now if only I would tell you which one was shitty so you could skip it...but I won't.

THE WILL TO DIE Side A
THE WILL TO DIE Side B

4 comments:

SLAUGHTER OF INNOCENTS said...

many thanks a friend of mine has been looking for this one are you gonna post the 7th PLAGUE 83 demo anytime soon.

living in the 80s said...

hi, do you have the "ten track sampler tape" of soldier dolls?
i have only 4 tracks of this demo and never heard the other tracks.

cheers!

the wizard said...

7TH PLAGUE '83 demo is going to be quite a while, I've got a backlog.

I've got nothing at all from SOLDIER DOLLS, unfortunately. I've only heard the name, never actually checked the band out....

SLAUGHTER OF INNOCENTS said...

ive got soldier dolls posted on my blog check em out i know you'll them.could make me tape of the 7th plague 83 demo let know.