06 September 2009

CONTEMPT

CONTEMPT started in 1984, and are still at it 25 years later. Pretty basic UK anarcho punk on these two demos, but after the spotty intro on the first tune (I really thought I was in for a late 80s punk/funk attack) things pick up quite nicely, and these eight songs are catchy as hell. Anticop, pro-animal, all that good stuff. I highly recommend reading their band history, it reads almost like a comedy sketch about a band's revolving membership merry-go-round. They had Stu-Pid (from SENSA YUMA, ENGLISH DOGS and others) on vocals for a few months, and singer Borstal appears to have been in the band a dozen different times. I know it's Sunday, but I couldn't find any of my 80s Christian Anarcho Punk. Sorry...

(tracks labels A1-A4 are the 1987 recording, B1-B4 are 1989)

3 comments:

Henk said...

thanks a lot! i didn't have any of those demos.

SLAUGHTER OF INNOCENTS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SLAUGHTER OF INNOCENTS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.