11 September 2009

BLISS THE POCKET OPERA

I was playing this in the van one day while on tour with an 80s UK band a few years ago. The drummer poked his head up into the front of the van and asked, "Is this BLISS THE POCKET OPERA?" "It is," I replied, surprised that he knew and/or was familiar with the band, "did you like them back when they were around?" He laughed. A deep, raspy, and quite sincere full body laugh, "I always thought they were rubbish, fucking rubbish then, and complete rubbish now!" And went back to the rear recesses of the van. BLISS THE POCKET OPERA play keyboard driven anthemic goth/new wave with female vocals (the singer sounds just like the vocalist for BOOK OF LOVE, though the music is way way better, and I just lost a load of credibility by comparing anything to BOOK OF LOVE, didn't i? shit), and I can't get enough of these songs.

BLISS THE POCKET OPERA

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

gay sounding goth crap.

the wizard said...

Wow, thanks for your wit and insight. But why did you bother downloading and/or listening to something that I described as goth, and compared to Book Of Love?
Keep the genius coming.

Anonymous said...

didn't down load it remember them from the 80's they sucked then suck now

Henk said...

Don't care about anonymous comments.

Keep up the great work Wizard!

the wizard said...

cheers Henk. I welcome all comments, it's just the brainless homophobic ones that make me scratch my head!

Henk said...

this seem to happen to most blogs, but don't mind them, think about the happiness you give me (and of course others) when unleash these old gems to everyone.

wish I could do the same, but I'm running out of unheard stuff but have ripped the most of the stuff back in the days that is floating the internet like blogs and P2P places nowadays...


Looks like the trend of making blogs is falling though, and it's no problem to me cause most of the *non-serious-blogs* seem to shut down, they used MY rips and MY scans from my uk82 site.



DO NOT rip and upload any tape by DEATH DUTIES (live one) cause I will add it to my blog as soon as my scanner and I is friends again...


MVH/ Henk

pressvre said...

uh uh,very cool,internet says that they also have LP!maybe you have it in mp3?thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi I played with bliss back in the day I was in a band called The Fauves we suported them at the kaliderscope in Brum.Rob.

Anonymous said...

I new the band long time ago when they were recording in walsall. trying to find a sample of there stuff cos i was only a junior skool kid wen i knew em

immortelle89 said...

Could you please reupload it? Can't find it anywhere else. Thank you in advance!

Anonymous said...

I really liked this one so thanks. Also, I have never heard that band called 'Book of Love'.

Nathan.G